By Mayo Clinic Team
To even more decrease the fat and cholesterol in this recipe, use 1/2 cup egg substitute instead of the 1 egg and 2 egg whites.
Variety of servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup extra fat-free bitter cream
- 3 ounces lean ham, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 6 ounces shredded very low-unwanted fat Swiss cheese
- 1 ready-built 9-inch pie crust
Warmth the oven to 350 F.
Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Include the onions and mushrooms and cook dinner more than medium heat until tender.
In a massive bowl, whisk alongside one another the egg, egg whites and sour cream. Stir in the sauteed onions, ham and cheese. Pour the combination into the unbaked pie shell.
Bake until eventually the quiche is established and lightly browned,