By Mayo Clinic Staff members
Scampi usually refers to shrimp included in butter. This edition replaces 50 percent of the butter with olive oil.
Selection of servings
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds big shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or inexperienced onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Floor black pepper, to flavor
- 2 tablespoons brandy or sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
Fill a large pot 3/4 entire with drinking water and bring to a boil. Increase the pasta and cook according to deal instructions. Drain the pasta comprehensively.
Whilst the pasta is cooking, warmth 1 tablespoon olive oil in a massive saucepan about medium warmth. Include the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on just about every facet. Transfer shrimp