By Mayo Clinic Team
Replacing peanuts and pretzels with garbanzos and dried fruit will increase the fiber and lowers the fat and sodium.
Variety of servings
- Wholesome carb
- High Fiber
- Small Excess fat
- 2 cans (15 ounces just about every) garbanzos, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups unsweetened wheat squares cereal
- 1 cup dried pineapple chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Warmth the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 15 1/2-inch-by-10 1/2-inch baking sheet with butter-flavored cooking spray.
Generously spray a weighty skillet with butter-flavored cooking spray. Increase garbanzos to the skillet and prepare dinner about medium heat, stirring regularly right until the beans start off to brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer garbanzos to the ready baking sheet. Spray the beans flippantly with cooking spray. Bake, stirring usually,