By Mayo Clinic Staff members
Chutney adds a very low-sodium punch of flavor and diet with its combination of fruit, vegetables and spices.
Variety of servings
- Low Extra fat
- Small Sodium
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pink onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped eco-friendly bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated refreshing ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon floor ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon floor cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Prepare a warm fireplace in a charcoal grill or warmth a fuel grill or broiler. Away from the warmth resource, evenly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Posture the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat supply.
Set up the mango on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil on medium heat, turning frequently, until eventually a little browned and softened, about 2 to 3 minutes on each and every aspect.
Take out the mango from the grill and enable neat for a couple of minutes. Transfer the mango to a reducing board and chop into small chunks.
Set mango in a modest bowl. Include remaining components and stir to blend.
Deal with and refrigerate right up until sugar is absorbed and flavors mingle, about 1 hour. Serve as a relish for meat, poultry or rice.
Dietary evaluation for each serving
Serving dimension: 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Energy 58
- Complete unwanted fat Trace
- Saturated fats Trace
- Trans fat g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat Trace
- Cholesterol mg
- Sodium 1 mg
- Whole carbohydrate 15 g
- Nutritional fiber 1 g
- Complete sugars 13 g
- Added sugars 8 g
- Protein .5 g
- Sweets, desserts and other carbs 1
Sept. 14, 2021