By Mayo Clinic Employees
1 medium carrot fulfills extra than a hundred% of your daily need for vitamin A. Carrots are also a superior supply of fiber.
Amount of servings
- Healthy carb
- Reduced Body fat
- ten carrots, scraped and sliced
- one one/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose (plain) flour
- one/four teaspoon ground black pepper
- one/four teaspoon ground nutmeg
- four cups fat-cost-free milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped new parsley
In a big saucepan, warmth the carrots, sugar and water. Protect and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the carrots, reserving some of the liquid. Set aside.
In a different saucepan around medium-significant warmth, whisk together flour, pepper, nutmeg and milk. Cook, stirring consistently, until the white sauce thickens.
In a blender or foodstuff processor, increase the cooked carrots and white sauce. Puree until smooth. Add reserved liquid to wished-for